The X and Y Axis
Teacher Activity: Learning how to create your own grid.
- Measure your X and Y axis with a ruler.
- Divide the length of your X axis evenly, e.g. if the length is 10 cm you will repeat a grid line every 1 cm.
- With your ruler mark every increment on the top of your paper.
- Do the same with the other side of your grid.
- Repeat steps 2,3 and 4 with the Y axis.
- Join the lines up neatly. This needs to be done with a ruler!
- Add your grid reference numbers for both axes.
Activity: Define the following items in your maths book.
Directions with a compass rose.
Using grid references to give directions.